Green home cleaning, a method of home cleaning that uses natural environment-friendly home cleaning solutions, is already gaining in popularity as people are becoming more and more aware about the bad effects of toxic products on your health and to the environment. Preparing own home cleaning solutions is easier and cheaper as most of the ingredients are already available in your kitchen.
Here are top 10 green home cleaning solutions that you can use as substitute for toxic commercial products:
1. All-Purpose Cleaner–1 cup of white vinegar + 1 cup of water
This home cleaning solution is an effective all-purpose cleaner and is especially useful for cleaning almost any type of surface, countertop, toilet and sink.
2. Wood Furniture Polisher – 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil + ¼ cup of white vinegar
Apply this home cleaning solution with a soft cloth and wipe it on wooden furniture for a shiny and good-as-new look.
3. Mold and Mildew Remover – 1 cup of water + 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
Combine these ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well before using. This home cleaning solution can effectively remove mold and mildew from your bathroom tile, rug and even shower curtain.
4. Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Baking soda and vinegar
To clean, deodorize and disinfect your toilet bowl, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on it and let sit for 5 minutes. Then drizzle with vinegar and scrub with a toilet brush.
5. Mirror and Glass cleaner – 3 tablespoons of vinegar + 2 cups of water + ½ teaspoon liquid detergent
Combine ingredients into a spray bottle. Shake well before every use. Spray this home cleaning solution to your mirror or any glass surface using a sponge then finish it off with a microfiber cloth for a shiny and streak-free effect.
6. Metal PolisherSilver – half a cup of baking soda + a pinch of salt + water
Mix all three ingredients to make a paste and use it to polish your silverware and silver jewelries.
7. Vinyl Surface Cleaner – undiluted lemon juice or vinegar
Dip a sponge or soft cloth into the lemon juice or vinegar and use it to clean and remove stains from vinyl items and surfaces.
8. All-purpose Deodorizer – Baking soda or undiluted vinegar
One good home cleaning technique for removing bad odors at home is to leave a bowl of baking soda or undiluted vinegar in the affected area. Vinegar and baking soda easily absorb the bad smell while deodorizing your home.9.
9.Floor cleaner – 2 gallons of warm water + ½ cup of white vinegar + ¼ cup of liquid dish soap
Use this home cleaning solution to clean and disinfect any type of floor (except granite, tile grout or those surfaces which specifically indicate to avoid contact with acidic solutions or detergents).
10. Anti-Bacterial Surface Cleaner – 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil + 2 teaspoons of rosemary oil + water
Combine ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well before using. Use this to disinfect areas in your home such as sinks, countertops and bathtubs which are prone to bacterial infestation.
These all were presented by an experienced maid service, with over 10 years of experience in house cleaning. That is why we sometimes should call maid service since they know all the tricks and secrets for better cleaning, although we can use these cleaning products on our own.